We all know that there are dozens of benefits that come along with massage. But the truth is, there are also dozens of different massage types to choose from – Swedish massage, hot stone massage, Thai massage, Deep tissue massage – the list goes on and on.
Today we’d like to place some focus on one of the most beneficial types of massage – the Aroma Oil Thai Massage. But what is the Aroma oil Thai massage and what benefits does it hold? Today we will answer this question in more depth to help you determine if it’s the right type of massage for you.
What is the Aroma Oil Thai Massage?
To put things simply, the Aroma Oil Thai massage is a mix of Thai and Swedish massage, combined with aromatherapy oils. To elaborate, let’s break down what each of these are in more detail:
Thai Massage: Thai Massage, sometimes referred to as the “yoga” massage, isn’t your typical type of massage. Rather than someone kneading your body, this type of massage involves a variety of stretches that cover your entire body. This type of massage works along “energy lines” to help energy flow, and to prevent sickness or disease. Pulling, stretching, and rocking are all common during Thai massage, though the therapist will amend the massage to suit your individual needs.
Swedish Massage: Swedish massages are more common in Western culture, and are what most people think of as the “typical” massage. During a Swedish massage the therapist kneads and rubs your muscles to help the flow of blood back to the heart.
Aromatherapy oils: Aromatherapy is defined by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy as “the therapeutic application of aromatic substances for holistic healing”. Aside from the pleasant, relaxing smell of aromatherapy oils, they can also be used within massage oils to provide additional benefits on top of massage.
Aroma Oil Thai Massage then, is a mixture of traditional massage techniques, combined with Thai stretching techniques and scented massage oils.
What are the benefits of Aroma Oil Thai Massage?
Because Aroma Oil Thai massage uses so many different techniques, it also reaps the benefits of each:
Benefits of Swedish Massage Techniques:
- Swedish Massage helps to relax the body
- Swedish Massage reduces stress levels and relieves the muscle tension associated with it
- Swedish Massage can help to improve flexibility and posture
- Swedish massage promotes blood circulation, and helps to flush out lactic and uric acid
- Swedish massage boosts endorphin release and improves mood
- Swedish massage increases the nutrient supply to the muscles, and boosts energy
- Swedish massage helps to promote better sleep.
Benefits of Thai Massage:
- Thai massage helps to improve circulation
- Thai Massage helps to promote deep breathing
- Thai Massage promotes better body alignment and posture
- Thai massage can help with meditation, intuition, and mindfulness
- Thai massage eases muscle and joint pain
- Thai massage promotes yoga inspired wellness
- Thai massage promotes lymphatic drainage
- Thai massage helps to release negative energy and boost mood
Benefits of Aromatherapy oils:
- Aromatherapy oils help to improve mood, and promote a positive, relaxing atmosphere
- Aromatherapy oils help to promote relaxation and sleep
- Aromatherapy oils can help to reduce irritation and inflammation
- Aromatherapy oils can help to relieve pain
- Aromatherapy oils can help to boost the immune system
Since Aroma Oil Thai massage is a combination of Thai massage, Swedish massage, and Aromatherapy oils, it therefore holds the benefits of all three. Of course, there are risks associated with any type of massage or oil, and such techniques these should only be performed by a trained therapist. Talk to a registered massage therapist today to help you determine if Aroma Oil Thai Massage is the right choice for you.